Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes


Hudson enjoys watching Daddy's memorial video. We hadn't watched it in awhile and so the other day he asked if he could watch "Granddad's song". His video is set to the theme song to Man From Snowy River. :) Anyways, the first picture that pops on the screen is of Dad with his pack on and the mountains in the background. Hudson looked at it and said "Is that Heaven?" We have tried to explain Heaven to Hudson, but it is still a little abstract for him. He kept asking if Granddad was going to get on a plane to come to his birthday party. I told him that one day, if we love Jesus, we would get to see Granddad when we go to Heaven. He said, "but I can't fly". I told him that when we die, if we love Jesus, Jesus would take us to Heaven. He finally just said, "okay, Mommy". :)
In one of the previous posts, I mentioned the Tunell family who is dealing with brain cancer. Read what a friend wrote about a conversation between Kellie and her her 5 year old son:
Earlier this week Kellie, her friend Lisa, and Nolan (age 5) were in the car going to hospice to see Mark. Nolan said, "Mama, guess who's coming with us today." Kellie asked who, and Nolan said, "Jesus is with us. He's going to see daddy." Kellie told him, "yes Nolan, Jesus is always with us." Nolan responded, "No mama, he's coming with us to heal daddy...see he's right there" as he pointed to the seat next to him. He continued to "see" Jesus as they got to hospice. I know children see things with different eyes than we do, and I think we all need to continue to pray that the awesome and powerful yet personal God that we serve can and will heal Mark!

1 comment:

Sara Neufeld said...

That's good stuff. You should read the book "Blessed Child." I'm reading it right now.