Friday, January 11, 2008

A Date with Landon

While Hudson was at school, Landon and I hung out. We went to Cost Plus, Garden Ridge and Old Navy. It was a lot easier to run errands with only 1 kid to worry about. :) After shopping, I treated myself to lunch at La Madeleine. I have been going to La Madeleine since junior high days. We used to go there when we went to Dallas and I always felt so girly going there. It is a french cafe of sorts and very cozy feeling. I love their chicken cesaer salad and tomato basil soup.

Today is the 11th which means that it has been 7 months since Dad went to be with the Lord. So while I was at lunch I reminisced about a special dinner I had at La Madeleine almost 8 years ago. Ben had just asked me to marry him and I had come home for Spring Break to plan the wedding. Mom, Dad, Robyn and I went to Dallas to find a dress. Dad was such a trooper driving us girls all over Dallas so I could find the perfect dress. He would sit in the stores and look at every dress on me and give his opinion. He never complained and never asked me to hurry up. He was so relaxed and allowed me to stay as long as I needed to. We had so much fun! After dress shopping, he took us girls to La Madeleine. It was the pefect day for a daughter and her daddy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

about the time, I think I'm about thru with the tears, they come again...love your memories and the way you share them with me...don't stop...bring 'em on!!!

Jackie Sue said...

What a sweet memory. I love LaMadeliene and know that only wonderful things can happen there over a cup of tomato basil soup and ceasar salad!