Thursday, June 19, 2008

Girls Weekend 2008

I have been blessed in my life to have had some incredible friendships! Some of those friendships started when I was young and others were developed in college. At JBU, the Lord blessed me with 6 incredible girls. There is Kelly, Sara, Emily, Jackie, Jenny and me and we are a close knit group. We can go a year without seeing one another and at Girls Weekend we pick up where we left off. Girls Weekend officially started in either 2001 or 2002, but I wasn't able to go to one until 2004 and I have made every one since then. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture from 2007's weekend so it is not in the slideshow. These girls have seen me through a lot over the last 10+ years. All of them, except 2, were able to make it to Daddy's memorial service which meant so much. I was also blessed to have several childhood friends there, as well. Last year at Girls Weekend 2007, the girls gave me a beautiful cross that was engraved on the back. It was in memory of Daddy and it is hanging on my "cross wall". I hope that everyone will at some point in their life be as blessed with friendships as I have been.

Only 5 of us were able to make it this year. Kelly is a missionary, with her family, in the Ukraine and Jackie had sick kids. We were able to talk and see Kelly through the use of a WebCam which was really neat! There is music that goes along with this slideshow and you can click on the x and the music box will get smaller. If you don't want the music on just click on the speaker icon beside the "slide" word and it will turn off.

2 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

What a fun slide show! Great memories and many more to come!! :)

Kelly said...

Oh sweet friend! I sure miss you!! We sure are blessed! Next summer can't get here fast enough! =)
Love you!