One year ago today (precisely 11:47pm) Daddy left this fallen earth and his cancer ridden body to be with his Creator and Lord for all eternity. This past year has gone by quickly and with many new changes and challenges. Even yesterday, I was talking with my mom and for a split second I thought "we'll just ask Daddy he'll know the answer". I still don't understand and I may never fully know why, but for some reason the Lord allowed brain cancer to enter our lives and He chose to take Daddy Home instead of giving him earthly healing. My Mom's close friend said that June 11th was our hardest day, but Daddy's greatest meaning that life in Heaven is better than anything here on Earth.
Thank you to all who have supported us through prayers, phone calls, cards, emails, etc. This trial has been slightly more bearable with friends to help carry the burden. My sweet husband sent me, my mom, and siblings cards today which brought us all to tears. This has been the hardest trial I have ever gone through and the support of family and friends has been a joy to watch. It is an incredible picture to see the Christian body at work caring for the wounded and down trodded. The Lord is pleased by your actions!!
For those of you reading this blog and wondering about Heaven and Christ I urge you to dig deep! All of us are fallen sinful people and the Lord is holy, righteous, just and sinless. In order for the Lord to show favor on us and save us from our sin there had to be a sacrifice/cleansing of our sin. Twenty four years ago, I came to the realization that I was sinful and that I wanted to be made pure and be like Christ. So my Daddy rushed home from studying for his CPA exam to walk me through it. I distinctly remember him drawing God on one side and man on the other. He asked me how I could get from man's side to God? There needed to be a bridge and Christ became that. God sent His only Son Christ to live on the Earth for 33 years and then He died, but rose again on the 3rd day. He became the bridge and His body was the ultimate sacrifice and His blood was the covering for our sins to make us white as snow. All who believe in Him will live a life with peace, not free of heartache, but will have joy in the Lord and live with Him eternally. Here is a 5 minute clip from Mark Driscoll, who is a pastor in Seattle.
The boys and I have been here at Mom's since last Friday and we'll be driving home tomorrow. I have tons of pics and lots to blog about so I'll get more posted by the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"Crown Him the Lord of Life, Triumphant o'er the grave. He rose victorious from the strife for those He came to save! His glories now we sing, who died and reigns on high. He died, eternal life to bring, and LIVES that death may die!" 2nd verse from one of my very favorite hymns, Crown Him With Many Crowns. Your dad and my mom are probably singing it in harmony. :)
It's right at 11:40pm and I'm thinking of you all right now.
Well said, Ruth Lee. I Hope you and your Mom had a special day together yesterday. We too are thinking of you and praising God for the legacy your Dad left your family.
XOXOXOXOXXO
I've been thinking about you and praying for you this week. It's no fair that you've had to go through this, but you are an amazing testimony.
love you,
sara
Post a Comment