Monday, March 17, 2008
Sacrifice
While I was nursing Landon, an old Little House on the Prairie was on. Laura and Mary were very young and they had to read their essays in front of the class and parents. Mary wrote about her Pa and all the hard work he had done on their house and Laura wrote about her Ma and how she was always sacrificing what she wanted for her kids. Ma had bought some expensive material to make a dress for herself, but instead she made dresses for the girls. This episode brought me to tears as I remembered how much my parents have done for me. I specifically remember running for student council secretary in the 4th grade. We were looking for a new house and the one that we had our eye on would mean that I would have to change schools. My mom got me a new pink dress and both parents pitched in to help me make some neat posters for my campaign. My dad helped me write my speech. We still have my campaign posters in the attic at my parent's house. My dad told me that if I won we wouldn't move so that I could be student council secretary. Unfortunately, I didn't win and we moved to the house that my mom still lives in. That meant so much to me that my dad cared that much about my desires for my life at the tender age of 9. I miss him so much and wish he could wrap his arms around me. Mom and Dad were true examples of unconditional love and sacrifice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love that story! Thanks for sharing! Your Dad was such a special man!
Such a sweet story! This seems like a funny little memory, but I remember my mom always saying she "wasn't really in the mood for dessert" and she'd let us all have seconds. She always sacrificed her dessert so we could have more!
What precious memories!! Thank the Lord for them!! I know you do! Thank you for sharing your sweet heart. Love you friend...miss you!
Post a Comment