Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jessi Belle - my furry, four legged daughter :)

Landon is SO excited!

Colson is trying to figure out who this is



The babies of the family
We finally broke down and got a dog.  Ben has wanted a dog for years and the boys jumped on the bandwagon,too.  I wasn't opposed to having a dog, but I knew that it would be like having one more kid.  I told Ben I would consider getting a dog this past summer, but plans changed. :)  

We were at Bass Pro in March getting ready for the boys' camping trip.  We walked in and it just happened to be Pet Adoption Day.  So many sweet dogs were outside the store's entrance.  We of course had to stop and look.  We fell in love with a litter of puppies called Black Mouth Cur.  We were not familiar with that breed and we had researched A Lot of dogs.  I must say I was taken with how cute they were.  We went home and did some research and found out that they are bred to herd cattle or in my case 3 wild boys. :)  They are supposed to be loyal and great with kids and a medium sized breed.  After talking about it for a few weeks, we decided to adopt her.  Ben and I came up with a couple of really sweet girl names, but the boys wanted to name her Jessi after the cowgirl in ToyStory.  Her foster family had given her the name Bella, but since we have a niece named Bella, we decided to make her middle name Belle.  A good Southern double name, Jessi Belle.

No comments: