Sunday, August 2, 2009

A full week of fun!











Our journey first started with a road trip to Dallas with just the boys and I. We first headed to Grandmommy's unloaded and ate a great dinner. Then we were off to visit Grammie (Ben's 91 yr old grandmother) in her new place in Arlington. We had a great time with her and the boys loved giving her lots of hugs!

The next morning my mom came to pick up the boys and take them back to Tyler, while I went on Richardson for Girls Weekend 2009. There are 7 of us girls from college and we get together every summer for a time a catching up, laughing and eating!! I am so blessed to have such an incredible group of girls. We always pick up wherever we left off and we are there for each other no matter what. We lounge around, talk, drink coffee and eat all weekend - pure bliss. :)

Next I headed to Tyler to spend several days with my mom, sister, brother and sis in law. Ufortunately, while I was there my hubby took a bad fall. Ben was changing the air filters in the attic and fell down the ladder. When he got up and touched his head there was blood. He drove himself to the ER and he got 3 staples and a head scan that said he had a mild concussion. So now all the men in my life, except Landon, has had staples in their heads - my dad had about 30, Hudson had 1 and Ben had 3. When Ben called to tell me what had happened, Hudson's reply was "Daddy you can go get 2 suckers just like you got me to make you feel better." Wisdom from a 4 year old. :) Other than that, we had a great time in Tyler. To check out all of the pics go to http://picasaweb.google.com/brothermclain




No comments: