Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The journey











Many of you have followed my family's journey over the last 2 years, but for those of you that don't know let me briefly share with you. My Dad was diagnosed with brain cancer on October 18, 2005. My Dad was in great shape and healthy, but that day he was driving to Dallas and had a gran mal seizure on I-20. He went through surgery, radiation and chemo. The statistics were very grim. The doctors told us that 1 % of patients live past 2 years. I prayed that Daddy would be an exception to that rule. He was doing great until March 2007 when the tumor came back with a vengenace. He entered into the presence of the Lord on June 11. These last 2 years have been the hardest years of my life. My Dad was only 54 and letting him go was very difficult, but I had to surrender him to the Lord. Now my mom, brother and sister are learning how to deal with his loss. There are days when I think about him and I'm okay and other days when I can't seem to stop crying. I have to constantly remind myself that the Lord had a reason and that He is sovereign in all that He does. He will be faithful to see me through this!

No comments: